LAMDA builds up confidence and self esteem, brings to your attention an appreciation for the arts and literature, and helps with articulation and diction as well as creating a well modulated voice.
It can go towards UCAS points for University entrance.
LAMDA offer a wide range of examinations including Speaking Of Verse and Prose, Acting, Mime, Reading For Performance, Devised Performance, Spoken English and Public Speaking. The Speaking examinations are taken individually but the Performance examinations may be taken individually or with a partner. LAMDA also offer group examinations in Speaking, Acting and Devised Performance.
Through a range of examinations LAMDA can:
- Improve standards of communication through the spoken word
- Develop an appreciation for literature and drama
- Provide a framework through which individuals can develop
- Support the creative, social and intellectual development of an individual
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Enable students to acquire skill certification
- Through examination provide a record of personal achievement.
Payment for this programme is made directly to the LAMDA teacher.
LAMDA students with their certificates.
Grades achieved ranged from entry to Grade 6.